Monday, April 13, 2015

Thrilled To Be The Folklore Contributor

Bev Owens photo
Hi, I'm Bev Owens and I am thrilled to be the Folklore Contributor here on Review This! I plan to share ideas from our modern society that have a connection to folklore from around the globe.

At a very early age, I loved to hear stories and the ones that held my attention the most were the ones that explained traditional beliefs of a culture or a custom that they had. I didn't understand at the time that I was developing a passion for folklore. I just knew that those were my most favorite types of stories to hear. Later, as I began to babysit for young ones and then had children of my own it was the legends and lore that I most liked to share with the children.

About 7 years ago, I decided to share the knowledge that I have accumulated over the decades about my own ancestry and created my first blog. Native American Totems is the space on this huge world web that I explain the teachings that my people have passed on to each other from generation to generation for thousands of years.

Besides my passion for folklore, I am sort of a "Jane of many trades" who has mastered a few of them. One of those would be gardening which has been a love of mine since I was 8 years old and my beloved Grandmother let me help put out her garden. At Indiana Garden I share my experiences with growing plants in my own region along with tools that I have found helpful over the decades of gardening in my home state. From time to time, you might find me reviewing something pertaining to gardening here on Review This.

I adore my five little grandchildren so you might find me reviewing items for children, occasionally. That is the beauty of this site, we are not restricted to just one area of expertise. I know that when I was a first time Grandma, I was a little baffled as to what products and toys were good to consider for children. It is why I sometimes review toys and gifts for children from infant to pre-teen.

My hobbies are varied with my favorite being crochet and counted cross-stitch. I am an avid reader and after retiring from my day job have become quite the bird enthusiast.

I look forward to getting to know you over the coming weeks and months!




Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article. “As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and/or Esty (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from qualifying purchases.”


5 comments:

  1. Welcome, Beverly and I see that we have many things in common. So I will be enjoying your writings here and on your sites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome biography! I really enjoyed reading about your many facets and interests. You are the perfect Folklore Contributor and "Jane" of all many trades. I have always loved your articles across the web and I am thrilled that we are here together on Review This!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see... 5 grandchildren... love to crochet... love to read. Yep, we think alike, Bev. I know I've enjoyed many of your articles on toys and gifts for the grandchildren and look forward to reading about your folklore Native American stories as I grew up surrounded by (Seneca) Indian names. I came from Canandaigua (NY) in the Finger Lakes region of western New York. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to learn more about your interests. I also love gardening and have a garden journal blog. I'm looking forward to learning more about Native American culture from you.

    ReplyDelete

Most Recent Reviews on Review This Reviews






Search for Reviews by Subject, Author or Title

The Review This Reviews Contributors



SylvestermouseSylvestermouseDawn Rae BDawn Rae BMbgPhotoMbgPhotoBrite-IdeasBrite-IdeasWednesday ElfWednesday ElfOlivia MorrisOlivia MorrisTreasures by BrendaTreasures by BrendaThe Savvy AgeThe Savvy AgeMargaret SchindelMargaret SchindelRaintree AnnieRaintree AnnieLou16Lou16Sam MonacoSam MonacoTracey BoyerTracey BoyerRenaissance WomanRenaissance WomanBarbRadBarbRadBev OwensBev OwensBuckHawkBuckHawkDecorating for EventsDecorating for EventsHeather426Heather426Coletta TeskeColetta TeskeMissMerFaeryMissMerFaeryMickie_GMickie_G

 


Review This Reviews is Dedicated to the Memory of Our Beloved Friend and Fellow Contributor

Susan DeppnerSusan Deppner

We may be apart, but
You Are Not Forgotten





“As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and or Etsy (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from purchases.” Disclosure Statement

X