Friday, June 13, 2014

I am the Weekend Gardener Contributor

Olivia Morris
Hi, I'm known as GrammieO and I am the Weekend Gardener Contributor.


Let me put this right out there:  I am not happy unless I have some dirt stuck under my fingernails at some point in the day! 
  
There I’ve said it.  Now this doesn’t mean that I go around with dirty hands or anything like that, but the feel of the earth on my hands is like a salve that takes all my troubles away.
  
Short of Parenthood, I don’t know of any other miracles that we are allowed to partake in.  Parenthood lets you (two) become the makers of a new life. 
  
Gardening lets you take a little seed, with all its Genetic Materials wrapped tightly inside it, and nurture it to life as a plant, that will bear many more seeds just like itself.
  
Gardeners help to color the world with their own special brand of flowers and help feed our families and friends with the abundance, from our gardens.
  
I have been a gardener for a very long time.  My parents started us off, by making us help weed the vegetable gardens.  Our home grown tomatoes were the best!  While I was young, I’m not sure that I had the same appreciation for getting my hands dirty.  Over the years though, that has changed.
  
I love to garden, help other people learn about gardening, encourage others to try something new and share all the beauty that is out there.  Come join me and a great bunch of others, as we learn and grow, not only our gardens, but also our minds, bodies and souls.
  
After all,  I think that was how I was made the Weekend Gardener. I have two lists of gardening tools and products that need to be reviewed and I would welcome you to join in the fun.  Tell us what you like about any one of the things you see on either list, write about your experiences and I will make sure that everyone sees what you have to offer.  I will promote your writings on Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest so that all your great ideas will be shared.


Gardening has been a passion of mine for the last 40 years or more. Now don't start adding the years to figure out how old this Grammie is....cause I'll tell you!  I will be 60 this coming 4th of July, so get the fireworks ready.

I love to share gardening ideas, tools, plants, best practices and anything else that makes gardening more enjoyable.

When I find something I like, I Pin it on Pinterest







If you have something that would interest other Gardeners, please don't hesitate to reach out and let me know.  I'm only too happy to spread around the beauty that I find in nature.

Come and check out some of the best ways to make things grow in your garden, right here!

As well as having dirt under your fingernails, you will end up with so many interesting ways to make your garden a beautiful place.


Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article. “As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and/or Esty (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from qualifying purchases.”


12 comments:

  1. Grammie, Congratulations on being selected the Weekend Gardener Contributor on Squidoo! I've been following you on your social media networks and you're doing a fantastic job. I love the quick and helpful advice that you share. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coletta, it's been a really crazy day here.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what fun! Another gramma who loves to garden. And I will shortly welcome you into the Over 60 Club! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new pages about gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am apporaching that milestone quickly, 59 will be history soon! I look forward to adding lots of interesting things for everyone who has the slightest interest in gardening.

      Delete
  3. Gardening is the act of creating and witnessing little miracles each and every day. As for dirt under the fingernails, I believe it is a sign of thriving. Here's to thriving together as we write about the essentials of enjoying life. Sure appreciate all that you are contributing to our enjoyment of gardening. So wonderful to have you here in our online garden, sowing your seeds of experience, wisdom, and TLC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. But you are right, there are miracles happening right before our very eyes, every second of every day. We just need to see them.

      Delete
  4. I am thrilled that you are here on Review This! You are such a wonderful addition to the group of Contributors & writers. I love gardening myself, which my nails will also reflect, and I look forward to reading everything you write and share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your help and encouragement. Manicures are highly overrated! They can never give you a much peace as working in the garden.

      Delete
  5. GrammieO, it is wonderful to read about your enthusiasm for giving life of the gardening kind as well as human life. Hopefully you'll give my brown thumb some lessons in greenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth, I know you are an avid reader, just read and follow the advice given by so many talented, growing people.

      Delete
  6. Hi GrammieO,

    Glad to see you on Review This! If you stare hard at my thumb you might find a small tinge of green, but gardening really isn't a talent with which I was blessed. However, I am here to tell you that I have my first two cherry tomatoes of the season out in the garden, on the verge of perfection. Hopefully I'm able to harvest them today or tomorrow before the birds find them. They have lots of little green friends, so I am anticipating a bumper crop this year (enough to line up across my car's bumper) and we plan to enjoy every last one.

    Looking forward to more of your great gardening advice over the coming months. Write on!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 8 year old grandson loves growing all kinds of plants outside. My daughter says he got his love for dirt from me. I look forward to reading your reviews about gardening here on Review This!

    ReplyDelete

Most Recent Reviews on Review This Reviews






Search for Reviews by Subject, Author or Title

The Review This Reviews Contributors



SylvestermouseSylvestermouseDawn Rae BDawn Rae BMbgPhotoMbgPhotoBrite-IdeasBrite-IdeasWednesday ElfWednesday ElfOlivia MorrisOlivia MorrisTreasures by BrendaTreasures by BrendaThe Savvy AgeThe Savvy AgeMargaret SchindelMargaret SchindelRaintree AnnieRaintree AnnieLou16Lou16Sam MonacoSam MonacoTracey BoyerTracey BoyerRenaissance WomanRenaissance WomanBarbRadBarbRadBev OwensBev OwensBuckHawkBuckHawkDecorating for EventsDecorating for EventsHeather426Heather426Coletta TeskeColetta TeskeMissMerFaeryMissMerFaeryMickie_GMickie_G

 


Review This Reviews is Dedicated to the Memory of Our Beloved Friend and Fellow Contributor

Susan DeppnerSusan Deppner

We may be apart, but
You Are Not Forgotten





“As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and or Etsy (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from purchases.” Disclosure Statement

X