Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Reviewing The Stanwood Yarn Ball Winder

A Yarn Winder For The Crafter

Using my Stanwood Yarn Ball Winder has made my yarn stash so much easier to live with. If you crochet, knit or do other crafts that require yarn; you know that it doesn't take long before those leftover skeins of yarn start to look messy and are actually hard to store. Try to figure out what brand and color one of those leftovers is and you can just forget about it. You lost the label ages ago so you can't be sure. I now have a tool that helps me keep organized with my yarns.

After decades of crocheting, trust me I have quite the yarn stash! Once I purchased my Stanwood yarn winder, at least it is easier to figure out just what is what. Some of the older skeins are still mysteries as to brand and actual color name because the label is gone but the new yarns are in neat little yarn cakes that I can roll up the label and place in the center for later reference.

Watch this video to see how the yarn ball winder works. After watching Mikey, I bought my first yarn winder and I am so glad that I did.


Funny thing is that when the grandchildren come to visit, they ask if I have any yarn to be wound! They love turning the crank and making those neat little yarn cakes! Yes, I've been known to save a partial skein of scrap yarn for them to wind for me, its just what Grandmas do you know.

One would think that the best selling item would be either yarn or crochet hooks but I have not found that to be the case. Instead my number on best seller is this exact item, the Standwood Yarn Ball Winder.

I know how happy I am that I now don't have those deflated skeins of yarn in my craft room and I have never regretted purchasing this handy little tool. I keep it secured to one of my tables so that it is always ready to go.


Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article. “As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and/or Esty (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from qualifying purchases.”


8 comments:

  1. What a really nifty little gadget this is and a great time saver too! I'm not a grandmother yet, but yes, I do know how grandmothers plan ahead to make visits for grandchildren fun and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time our 4 year old was over, it about broke her heart because Grandma didn't have some yarn to "roll up" as she calls it. The time before that, she had to show her Mommy how to do it and gave the instruction..."Now don't do it too fast because it will make your string fly off of the wheel and we just can't have any of that!" We were on the floor laughing!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful gift idea for anyone who does a lot of crocheting or knitting! What a beautiful mental picture of you with your grandchildren actively helping wind your yarn. Not surprised that this is a bestseller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so very handy. I often wonder if the kids will grow up remembering helping Grandma wind her yarns with fondness. Wouldn't that be just delightful?

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful gift idea for anyone who does a lot of crocheting or knitting! What a beautiful mental picture of you with your grandchildren actively helping wind your yarn. Not surprised that this is a bestseller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a wonderful gift idea for a crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need one of these yarn winders. Leftover partial skeins of yarn tend to get tangled if they are not wound up. It's also easier to figure out how much you have left by the size of the ball, but not so much when it's just a floppy, tangled up partial skein. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for this review, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elf as much as you crochet you do need one. It really is a better visual of how much yarn is left in that neat little cake instead of the tangled, knotted mess!

      Delete

Most Recent Reviews on Review This Reviews






Search for Reviews by Subject, Author or Title

The Review This Reviews Contributors



SylvestermouseSylvestermouseDawn Rae BDawn Rae BMbgPhotoMbgPhotoBrite-IdeasBrite-IdeasWednesday ElfWednesday ElfOlivia MorrisOlivia MorrisTreasures by BrendaTreasures by BrendaThe Savvy AgeThe Savvy AgeMargaret SchindelMargaret SchindelRaintree AnnieRaintree AnnieLou16Lou16Sam MonacoSam MonacoTracey BoyerTracey BoyerRenaissance WomanRenaissance WomanBarbRadBarbRadBev OwensBev OwensBuckHawkBuckHawkDecorating for EventsDecorating for EventsHeather426Heather426Coletta TeskeColetta TeskeMissMerFaeryMissMerFaeryMickie_GMickie_G

 


Review This Reviews is Dedicated to the Memory of Our Beloved Friend and Fellow Contributor

Susan DeppnerSusan Deppner

We may be apart, but
You Are Not Forgotten





“As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and or Etsy (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from purchases.” Disclosure Statement

X