Monday, January 27, 2014

How I began Writing About the Mid-Atlantic States

As my sons entered high school, and empty nest quickly approached, I knew that I would soon have the opportunity to do more of the things I had always dreamt of doing.

One of those things was to move away from rural Indiana. I had always imagined myself living in a more urban setting and experiencing big city living. During that same time frame, I had friends scattered throughout the mid-Atlantic region and I traveled here quite a bit. The Mister was one of my friends at that time and one day we were driving down a scenic country road. The rolling farmland was covered in pristine snow and the sun was bright and warm.

I began to cry.

He was startled and asked what was wrong.

I choked out “nothing” and continued to cry.

After a moment, I was able to tell him that it was just so beautiful. The snow-covered hills, sparkling like crushed diamond waves, and the bright sunshine with not a cloud in the sky. It took my breath away. In some ways, it was vastly different than overcast Indiana winter days. It was that moment that I had decided that, in the areas I had vaguely considered, from Philadephia, PA to Washington, DC, that I was going to move somewhere slightly north of Baltimore. This Indiana girl that craved sunlight in the wintertime, had found her home.

 I suddenly knew that I was at home here.


I felt much the same way when I found this group of writing ladies. A whole new writing world suddenly opened up to me. A world that is bright, shiny, and full of promise. As soon as I got started, I immediately felt as though I were home.

This is why I am thrilled to share my stories about my travels in the mid-Atlantic Region. Maybe you are already familiar with the area. Maybe you've never heard of the area.  I’m so excited to find ways to show you the beauty of this region.

I am honored and thrilled to be here on Review This! with this group of amazing amazing and talented writers. They have invited me to be the Review This! writer on Mondays. I hope you will join me here every week.

Welcome! This is where I live. This is where my dreams are coming true. Please join me in exploring online writing and the mid-Atlantic states region.


Image Credit: Photographs ©Dawn Rae – All Rights Reserved (Click on photo for larger view)




Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article. “As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and/or Esty (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from qualifying purchases.”


4 comments:

  1. This niche sounds like a perfect fit for you, Dawn! I enjoy traveling very much and sort of ended up in Indiana. I do like it here but find myself dreaming of Guam in December, Seattle in the Fall, North Carolina in the Summer, etc... Seems the grass is always greener some place I am not. Welcome and I'm sure we'll have a ball following your tours of the Mid-Atlantic states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading, I couldn't help but think how very romantic! The tears, the company, the recognition that you were home all culminate in a beautifully romantic story that I loved reading.

    As the Mid-Atlantic States Travel Contributor, you have already introduced me to 2 islands I had never heard of, and now long to visit. I am definitely looking forward to reading and learning more about our MId-Atlantic states.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous introduction to your Contributor role on Squidoo for enlightening us on the mid-Atlantic States. And, oh my, yes, how very romantic your story! I know that sun-and-blue-sky-seeking feeling all too well and found myself moving from the hazy hills of Ohio to a block away from the Gulf of Mexico in the Florida Panhandle this year. I look forward to all you share in your travels across the mid-Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will enjoy seeing this region through your eyes. I haven't seen as much of it as I want to.

    ReplyDelete

Most Recent Reviews on Review This Reviews






Search for Reviews by Subject, Author or Title

The Review This Reviews Contributors



SylvestermouseSylvestermouseDawn Rae BDawn Rae BMbgPhotoMbgPhotoBrite-IdeasBrite-IdeasWednesday ElfWednesday ElfOlivia MorrisOlivia MorrisTreasures by BrendaTreasures by BrendaThe Savvy AgeThe Savvy AgeMargaret SchindelMargaret SchindelRaintree AnnieRaintree AnnieLou16Lou16Sam MonacoSam MonacoTracey BoyerTracey BoyerRenaissance WomanRenaissance WomanBarbRadBarbRadBev OwensBev OwensBuckHawkBuckHawkDecorating for EventsDecorating for EventsHeather426Heather426Coletta TeskeColetta TeskeMissMerFaeryMissMerFaeryMickie_GMickie_G

 


Review This Reviews is Dedicated to the Memory of Our Beloved Friend and Fellow Contributor

Susan DeppnerSusan Deppner

We may be apart, but
You Are Not Forgotten





“As an Amazon Associate, Ebay (EPN) and or Etsy (Awin) Affiliate, I (we) earn from purchases.” Disclosure Statement

X